2019 - 2020 Date breakdown below
Move to the next level as both a teacher and student of yoga with my 500-hour Yoga Alliance-accredited program. This program is open to those who have their RYT 200 and will be eligible for a RYT 500 designation upon completing all five modules. I’ve broken down my program into five modules. Can’t take them all at once? No problem–take them one by one until all five have been completed. Each module is a week long and the curriculum is as follows:
- Refine Your Skills: Techniques, Training and Practice This module will focus on reviewing current teaching methods, cuing, sequencing, basic anatomy, and adjustments/assists to launch your teaching to the next level. A master sequencing template will be introduced and utilized so that all students will be required to create a sequence working backwards from a peak posture (warming up necessary muscle groups, priming areas of the body to reach said posture). Students will look at their current teaching outlook, identify areas for improvement and work with an advisor to develop a roadmap after this training is over.
- Vinyasa Breakdown As a class, we will look at: Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries: done via practice teaching in groups. Continue to become comfortable with providing feedback and receiving feedback in a constructive, supportive way. We will break down the styles of Vinyasa Yoga and Hatha Yoga. Through this module, you will see how you can utilize vinyasa-style elements within a Hatha class. We will use these concepts to move the body and create a well-rounded class.
- Anatomy and Beyond Dive into deep concepts of the human body. Go beyond bony landmarks and dive deeper into the fascial and skeletal-muscular system. Twenty hours will be dedicated to the feet, legs, and hips; twenty hours to the spine and torso; twenty hours to the shoulders, arm, neck, and head. Connection of all three portions will help with understanding proper pose alignment, how to modify/assist for your students, and increase your understanding of body mechanics.
- Philosophy and Myths Continue to dive deeper into sequencing using yogic philosophy (epistemology, dualism, yamas/niyamas, soteriology) as a tool to create a theme for your classes and generate movement in bodies. Based on these different tenets within yogic philosophy, a theme can be woven in within class to allow students to use that as motivation for movement on and off the mat. We will review the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and the Upanishads. We will also review teaching ethics (sexual harassment/misconduct, student-teacher boundaries, conduct within the classroom with tension/conflict with a student), and introduce communication strategies to diffuse various issues in and out of the classroom in the context of philosophy.
- Next Level Teacher So you’ve been teaching a while but would like to take your yoga career to the next level. Learn basic marketing and technical writing skills to facilitate your own teacher trainings, retreats, and workshops through a guest lecture in marketing and Q&A sessions with teachers who have led previous retreats and workshops.At the conclusion of each module, you will be given homework to keep you engaged and will be due before the beginning of the following module.
Danni’s Method I make everything approachable and digestible. Whether it be teaching an advanced asana or breaking down a sutra, I present all of the curriculum in a way that will speak to you, so that you can take it and translate it in your own way that makes sense to you. Most of all, I want you to have fun–so take what works and leave the rest.
|Module 1||Sept 16 - 21st 2019|
|Module 2||Nov 4 - 9th 2019|
|Module 3||Jan 13 - 18th 2020|
|Module 4||Mar 9 - 14th 2020|
|Module 5||May 4 - 9th 2020|
Pricing: $800 per module or $3700 for all five modules A $300 deposit is required per module if paying by module. A $500 deposit is due if paying for all five modules. Full payment is due before the first day of training. Pay in full or inquire about a payment plan.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur. There is a non-refundable deposit required (see above). If we are able to fill your space we will gladly reimburse you, less any fees we cannot recover. However, if we cannot fill your space, no refunds can be given.